How does Vista installer handle partitioning?

winston856

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright so my copy of Vista is going to be here in a couple days. My windows drive right now is a 150GB raptor.

I've got it split into two partitions, 50GB for windows and 100GB for games.

With Vista I was thinking of changing this to 75GB windows 75GB games.

Now I know how to do this with the windows Xp installer, you just delete both the partitions and re-create them. Is it the same in Vista? How does it work?

Yes it works the same in the install menu you get advanced options where you can create delete etc.

Nice fetaure of vista is (At least in ultimate) after installing you adjust your partition sizes as long as it is not the system drive.

You can shrink partitions and extend through administrative tools, computer management , disk management. :D

Yes it works the same in the install menu you get advanced options where you can create delete etc.

Nice fetaure of vista is (At least in ultimate) after installing you adjust your partition sizes as long as it is not the system drive.

You can shrink partitions and extend through administrative tools, computer management , disk management. :D

That sounds like a cool feature!

How would that work with what I'm going to do though? I'm going to have 2 partitions and one of them is going to be the system drive, so I couldn't shrink or enlarge my games partition because it would affect the system drive...

I suppose that would be useful if you have more than one HDD in your system though :)

I might try that out on my two 320's

Back