How do I update motherboard drivers ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
So I built a new PC a little while back and I've noticed there some new motherboard driver updates on the Asus website these are newer than the ones that I installed from the DVD originally.

If I remember correctly some of the updated drivers are for bluetooth, chipsets and audio. Do I just download these and install them over the old ones or do I uninstall the old ones first then install these new ones ?

You should be able to do that. I normally don't update drivers for "non-essential" hardware, unless there is a problem. If I had sound issues, I'd look into updating those. Definitely update graphics drivers. For most, especially anything Intel related, it is safe to just install them. They should update overtop of the old ones.

Those requiring an uninstall (sound & network drivers) usually perform it automatically during the install process. Might also think about a Bios upgrade if available to take care of Spectre/Meltdown shit!
Just remember that Asus has all of their drivers in zip format. You have to unzip before attempting to install them.

Last edited:
Back