How do I make Linux see a network computer?

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Linux Mint Cinnamon fully up to date.

Computer it cannot see is a FreeNAS Core box. I can see it and log in just fine from a Debian box but not my mint box. And it does not show up in Angry IP Scanner.

I suspect it will eventually show up on it's own but how can I force Mint to actually look and see what's on the network rather than pull it's info from some bullshit source as it is obviously doing now?

This has always been a problem with the mint box but apparently doesn't affect the Debian box, it always sees what's out there,

TIA

I did some googling for you, my friend, but unless I'm in front of the terminal, I wouldn't be much help.

I did some googling for you, my friend, but unless I'm in front of the terminal, I wouldn't be much help.

Thanks. I got it sorted out. The problem turned out to with TrueNAS. Stupid damned program requires you to test the connect. If you don't it reverts back to the original. This was a redo of a server that lost it's boot drive (no more DOM's for me). I knew what the ip was and just hit apply after detting it. But apply does not mean apply, it means temp set until you test and then accept and then save. I really wish there was an alternative to trueNAS. :(

Back