How do I make a time based chart?

niconx

2[H]4U
I want to run some benchmarks on COD Black Ops with a time based chart like [H] uses but I am not sure how you go about getting the data for the chart. Anyone happen to know? Is there a program that will output the data to a formatted file? Then I assume I plug that into a spreadsheet? Is there a program that does everything for you? Help pls :p

I believe that if you run FRAPS, you can hit a button to (F12 or something?) to start logging your frames. It will spit out a file (can't remember if its a txt file that you need to delimit or a csv or what) but you can load it into excel and graph it from there.

yup run fraps and use the benchmark tool. you can start and stop with the F12 hot key. or change the hot key. it will then create a txt file. you then import it into excel and create your graph from there.

You should post some of your charts:) I love looking at REAL benchmark data (see far too little of it outside of the [H] reviews)- Especially from normal gamers out there:)

You should post some of your charts:) I love looking at REAL benchmark data (see far too little of it outside of the [H] reviews)- Especially from normal gamers out there:)

Sure I will post it here, the game comes out on Nov 9th, that's when I will put it up. I was originally making the chart for the people on the Black Ops forums. It will be a CPU scaling test for all those people who want to play it but have really slow computers. They raised the requirements from all previous COD games so it will be interesting to see why they did that. The requirements are for an E6600 CPU and Phenom X3. That is way up from the Pentium 4 3.2GHz and Athlon 64 3200+. I only have the machine in my sig to benchmark with but I plan to take it all the way down to 1.2GHz :eek:

Back