How can I fix this stuttering?

Dan UCF

[H]ard|Gawd
I think I've narrowed my problem down to nvidia drivers.

My problem is everything I do on the computer stutters about every second and everything seizes up for a few milliseconds. Audio, video, everything. Even simply dragging a window across the screen and it will freeze up for a brief moment.

After TONS of trouble shooting I uninstalled my graphics driver, came back into windows without the drivers and problem solved. Music played without stuttering, and moving windows around the screen was fluid.

So now what? the 169.21 WHQL drivers did it, the 169.28 from EVGA and 169.13, 169.09 did too. Is this a known issue? How far back should I go trying drivers to get some that will work? How old of drivers will support an 8800GTS 512?

And why on earth would video card drivers being installed make my sound stutter?

Even booted into safe mood and used driver cleaner. Upon reinstalling nvidia drivers everything still stutters :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hey dan,
I had the same problem. hardware info:
intel e8400
Asus P5K-E wifi
Crucial ballistix ddr2-800 1gbx2
Evga 6800 256mb

Anyways I had the same problem you did. Everytime I would be installing a program or seems the harddrive was accessed, my audio would stutter like a scratched cd, my mouse and everything would stutter as well. I had a hard time figuring it out until I got some info from the following link: This fixed my problem with the Jmicron IDE controller on my mobo, and all stuttering issues were fixed. hope this helps.

Its about the 10th post down, posted by jamesmanderson
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/244369-30-gigabyte-ds3r-documenting-issues-audio-stutter-raid

Back