House Bill Wants To Crack Down On Burner Phones

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Lawmakers are trying to force prepaid phone retailers to record and verify personal information on buyers in an effort to combat terrorism.

A Californian lawmaker is pushing new legislation that would crack down on prepaid "burner phones," which she says are used by terrorists and other serious criminals. Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA, 14th), who represents the San Francisco and the Bay Area district, introduced the legislation this week requiring prepaid phone retailers to collect information on the buyer at the time of purchase, such as their name, address, and date of birth. The information would be verified by a credit card, or a Social Security number or driving license number -- mirroring similar obligations on those who sign up for a long-term phone contract.

And things just get worse, not better, as more and more stupid reactionary laws get tossed on the books by stupid dumbass politicians that can't grasp anything at all.

This bill would close one of the most significant gaps in our ability to track and prevent acts of terror, drug trafficking, and modern-day slavery," said the statement.

Yep, this should do it....we just need this one more law.

Another brilliant proposal by Jackie. I live in her district, and while I have tons of respect for her (she was shot at Jonestown while an aide to Ryan), she's infamous for coming up with ridiculous bills. I can go downtown and get a complete fake ID package in about 10 minutes that will undoubtedly pass the intense scrutiny to be given by your local convenience store proprietor selling the burner. I guess she figures terrorists won't have the resources or knowledge to do this.

And things just get worse, not better, as more and more stupid reactionary laws get tossed on the books by stupid dumbass politicians that can't grasp anything at all.

We love to beat up on politicians. However many if not most aren't as oblivious to the world around them as is often claimed. The world is simply becoming ever more distrustful of people because that's just how it is. And it's not just liberals. However, exactly who is to be distrusted has unfortunately become a matter of political view.

This is not about combating Terrorism. It's about surveillance and population control. Those that REALLY rule this country behind their proxy front men/women that are our "elected officals" (Multinational Corporations, Elite Banking Cartels, Special Interest Groups, and Military Industrial Complex) are drunk on power and this bill is just another example of their hubris. If TPP is ratified and Hillary "wins" the elections brace yourselves, the worst is yet to come.

What's next? A biometrics scan to use the few public payphones that are left?

I used to have a burner cell phone and a regular cell phone just so I would have one number for people I trust and another for everyone else, not because I am a criminal.

Sure. Let's make mandatory collection of personal information that's not relevant to the service. We totally need more targets for SSN's and driver's license number compromise.

Stripping our freedoms away at record pace. Nothing like good old Neo Conservative and Progressive Liberals. The Federal Government is out of control.
Agreed, although this is the state... Commiefornia.

So now it will take more identification to buy a cell phone than a gun at a gun show in many states. lol That makes sense.

Settle down. We have to provide information when we buy a phone or new sim. It's not the end of the world. The companies behind the phones themselves and app makers are the ones to worry about who track you everywhere.

When I was young and dumb I used prepaids on top of my contract to conduct business (nothing bad and now coming up on 2 decades ago). It was far too easy to have a fake throw away phone. We could walk into a best buy, fill out a form with fake information, and walk out with a prepaid phone... paid in cash. No idea how it works now, but if it's even close there needs to be a major change. Different times...

This is not about combating Terrorism. It's about surveillance and population control. Those that REALLY rule this country behind their proxy front men/women that are our "elected officals" (Multinational Corporations, Elite Banking Cartels, Special Interest Groups, and Military Industrial Complex) are drunk on power and this bill is just another example of their hubris. If TPP is ratified and Hillary "wins" the elections brace yourselves, the worst is yet to come.
This is what is wrong with our youth. Complete and utter bombastic spewing with no real proof. Just the internet to get information from. Lol. Elite banking cartels etc. Etc. People that made comments like this used to be considered lunatics but now get likes on the internet. It's amazing.

People that made comments like this used to be considered lunatics
So were people that have claimed a lot of different things over the years that ended up being ahead of the curve when it turned out to be true. I claim that the people that are still thinking everything being pushed in the name of 'terrorism' today is only about combating 'terrorism' are the most foolish ones of all. The least informed of the collective. It's clearly about power and control.

Just the internet to get information from.

Yeah we should go back to looking for the answers in the bible.

They're going to install a log book in phone booth's next? You'll have to fill it out when you make a call. :rolleyes:

So were people that have claimed a lot of different things over the years that ended up being ahead of the curve when it turned out to be true.

right? I have watched this happen so many times now it is not funny.

What really gets me is that somehow when a given theory goes from tinfoil lunacy to confirmed fact suddenly it is no big deal.

How about instead of forcing them to change tools yet again, we just stop fucking sticking our thumbs in other people's pies?

Agreed, although this is the state... Commiefornia.

Commiefornia, has been a 1 party state for years. Even when republicans have been elected to state wide office, they have been establishment Rino's.

If you like what you see in Commiefornia, just wait until Hillary gets elected, and the whole country moves to the left of the left coast.

So now it will take more identification to buy a cell phone than a gun at a gun show in many states. lol That makes sense.

Lol. So, what do you know about gun shows? Not much, it seems. Every firearm that I've purchased from a vendor at at gun show, I've had to complete the NICS paperwork for it, or more recently presented my CCDW permit. Quit watching the liberal news and wake up. Unless it is a dude selling a very small amount of firearms, 99% of the vendors fall under the FFA rules. The "gun show loophole" that is touted by the people that like to say "evil guns" doesn't exist. The only thing that doesn't happen under the watchful eye of the government is private sales between individuals. Lot's of people walk around in gun shows with a poster board, etc... tagged to a firearm stating it's "for sale". That is a sale between two individuals. Thats the "loophole" that the liberal media and gun grabbers speak of. Same applies to internet sales. Unless it is a face-to-face meeting between two individuals, the seller agrees to sell the firearm and then ships it to the FFA licensed dealer of the buyer's choice. When the buyer shows up to complete the purchase, he/she pays the dealer a transfer fee, fills out the NICS paperwork or presents a CCDW permit, and then the sale happens if everything checks out. There is no shipping of firearms between two individuals.
Hell, if I even need to send my Ruger off for service, I can mail it to Ruger from the USPS. When the service is complete, Ruger sends it an FFA dealer that I designate. I then show my CCDW permit (or fill out NICS paperwork if you don't have your permit), and may then get my firearm back. This is the LAW. This also applies to certain parts of a firearm.
Quit swallowing the load of the gun grabbers. It's obvious they have you blinded.

You can't ban evil or ingenuity.

1. a ban on burners could mean regular people are more likely to be robbed of their phone.
2. we don't actually want the bad guys to stop using electronic forms of communication.
3. when they say it's about safety, it's really about control. when they say it's for your good, they mean it's for their good

So fake IDs and identity theft is also fixed when this law passes because we all know that criminals always give their real info when asked for it.

Those are hardly problems these days. I mean, who wouldn't want a store clerk at your favorite big box store/7-11/phone store/etc. to have your SSN, your drivers license ID number along with name, birthdate, address, and credit card info. I mean, come on! Its all about safety! Don't stereotype people at the border! We'll be safe if we just give government access to all of our data!

This is what is wrong with our youth. Complete and utter bombastic spewing with no real proof. Just the internet to get information from. Lol. Elite banking cartels etc. Etc. People that made comments like this used to be considered lunatics but now get likes on the internet. It's amazing.

Yes, and the NSA would never and could never spy on people domestically. Your cell phone could never be hijacked by a false cell phone tower run by the govenrment (or whoever has the tech) to listen in to your calls or do a man in the middle attack on your "smart phone". No one could track your phone if it is turned off but the battery is still in it! That is nonsense!

Yet now, all true.

The government should actually encourage these "anonymous" phones

HoneyPotTrapImage.jpg

More laws for criminals to follow... oh wait...

Well it's settled folks, next step will be to ban all civilian cell phones so that criminals can't use them for crimes anymore. Because freedom

Last edited:
It's much better to ban a phone than to restrict the sale of firearms. That will stop those pesky terrorists for sure.

Back