Hot plug not working on ICH10R

Aesma

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I use all the SATA/eSATA ports of my motherboard and then some (M1015, SiI card). I decided to minimize heat generation and noise when the storage is not needed, so I put 14 HDD on a second power supply, with only a 240GB SSD and 3TB WD green plugged on the main power supply.

Problem is, when I power up the second PSU, only 10 HDD show up, the 4 missing ones being on the ICH10R (like the SSD and 3TB). I need to reboot to get all my storage.

The three controllers of the motherboard are in AHCI.

What do you think is going on ?

OS is 7 x64, hardware is as follows :

Lian Li PC-V2000B
MSI Big Bang X58 XPower
i7 920
12GB Corsair PC3-12800
Club3D AMD 5870
TwinTech nvidia 280GTX
IBM M1015
PCIe 1X card with Silicon Image 3132
Vertex 2 240GB from before OCZ screwed up
WD green 3TB
14 2TB HDD, some WD EARS, EARX, Samsung F4, Seagate green, 3 are in a Lian Li 3in2 cage
Cooler Master Real Power M850 850W modular PSU
Fortron FSP AU-500 500W Gold PSU (the new addition)
CPU and both graphic cards are watercooled

If you boot up with the all the drives on, can you then disconnect and reconnect the drives on the ICH10R and have them correctly appear? Are you running the Intel Storage Manager program (can't remember the actual name)? What driver - the Intel driver or the Microsoft one?

Good questions and I should have answered them in my initial post.

After doing some more testing, hot deplug doesn't work either. If I boot with all the drives on and then cut the second PSU, the computer becomes totally unresponsive. With only the drives on the other controllers running, this doesn't happen.

I'm running Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Driver is Intel 10.6.0.1002

Back