[Hot] HP LaserJet CP2025dn $225+tax - Staples Clearance - B&M Only - YMMV

Hey guys, I just bought this printer at my local staples, and thought I'd share the deal with you.

c01374621.jpg

The printer is an HP LaserJet CP2025dn. It's a color laser printer; can print at 21ppm b&w and color, and supports duplex printing. Full specs here.

With this deal, the printer is listed for $274.80. If you bring in an old printer, they'll give you an additional $50 off bringing the final price to $224.80 + tax. I traded a 15 year old HP printer that was completely broken. IMO a great deal, considering lesser printers sell for more. Definitely YMMV though. Initially I tried to buy it while I was visiting my parents - both Staples' near their house claimed to have it in stock when checking the computer, but they "couldn't" find them when searching the back. The staples near my apartment had one on the floor, so I grabbed it right there. As far as I could tell, it was the only one there.

The same printer can be found at newegg here for $380 + shipping. Just last week, this printer was selling for $500 at Staples. It seems this printer is being discontinued in favor of the HP M451dn. As far as I can tell, it's basically the same printer with a slightly faster CPU and support HP's ePrint and Apple's Airprint.

Here are pictures of the tag and my receipt if it helps anyone. Click for full size.

Also, Amazon sells the ram upgrade for $10 w/ prime. I installed a stick the other day and it works fine. I don't really need the extra memory, but for $10, who cares?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
might have to hit this up since I need a new printer as my inkjet is pooping out.

Bump for a great deal! You do NOT want to know how much my company paid for these back when they were still standard issue... Jesus.

Here is a tip for the crappy way the newer HP toner is setup.

Some of the models have a setting where you can set it to ignore the page counter on the toners. If yu don't set it this way, you will only get about 25% or less usage out of the toners as the toner counters count down even if you send a blank page though.

For the models that don't have this setting, you can save the old carts and swap in new carts. When the new carts say they are empty, swap back in the old carts and use them until they start to fade, and then put the even older carts back in.

Since i started doing this where I work, I have only had to swap out 3 carts so far. Before that we were installing a whole set of carts in every small HP color laserjet almost every month. It has been about 2 months since then.

How much are toner cartridges?
It's pretty expensive. Going to run $400-450 for the entire set for HP branded toner. I'll probably go for a remanufactured set when the time comes. I don't print *too* frequently though, so I'm not too worried. My other printer, an inkjet (Epson R340), has cartridges that cost about $70 for the set. It usually forced me to replace them after a few months of us, even though I could tell there's still ink left in the cartridges. No override either. The ink also seemed to dry up over time. None of that should be an issue with this printer. I'd probably still use the inkjet when I need to print photos, but for the most part my color printing comprises of things like bar charts.

Here is a tip for the crappy way the newer HP toner is setup.

Some of the models have a setting where you can set it to ignore the page counter on the toners. If yu don't set it this way, you will only get about 25% or less usage out of the toners as the toner counters count down even if you send a blank page though.

For the models that don't have this setting, you can save the old carts and swap in new carts. When the new carts say they are empty, swap back in the old carts and use them until they start to fade, and then put the even older carts back in.

Since i started doing this where I work, I have only had to swap out 3 carts so far. Before that we were installing a whole set of carts in every small HP color laserjet almost every month. It has been about 2 months since then.

Yeah, this printer has the override, though HP made sure to make it somewhat hidden. Using the onboard menu, you go to System setup -> Print Quality -> Replace Supplies -> Override Out. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to configure it from the web interface. You can also set it to print b&w if the color runs out

Checked a couple staples in my area that supposedly had them nothing but the supposed price in my area is slightly higher at $325. Going to check more places after work tommorow.

The color carts are $123 and the black is $125 so they are expensive.

Back