HOT? Cendyne 4x2x12x Internal DVD+R/RW Drive

!!! :eek:

I've got to get my paws on that... And it looks like it might be free shipping too?:eek:

Reason:
Cendyne went kaput. So we're getting rid of inventory. Most stores probably still have a bunch too, just ask, I know I still have a boat load of various cendyne drives. And don't worry, a holding company aquired what was left and will honor the warranties :)

-Idler

ps: Depending on the in-store clearance price, you may be able to get more off if you ask nicely, heh, either they sell or they get destroyed, and getting some money is prefferable to none.

Okay, well, I just spent my last 60 bucks on one. I'd been wanting a DVD burner, but they were just way too high... This deal was crazy though, if nothing else I'm sure I can list it on eBay and make 20 bucks... :)

Hopefully the quality isn't as cheap as the price... :(

I would say pretty high.... But I'll check at work today, and see if I can get more information.

-Idler

nice deal ..if only they were +/- dvd rw's ..still very nice tho

Sorry for this noob question, but could you tell me what the difference is between a DVD+R/RW drive is and a dual format drive is (+/-)? Again, sorry to waste your time, I'm new to DVD burners.

Well, I stopped by and picked one up at my local Staples today, note that it was marked $99.90 in the store. And yes, it is a rebadged NEC drive.

So I take it up to the counter and tell them I need a price reduction.

Manager wanders over, says "We can't do that."

Me: "Why not"

Manager: "We don't match internet pricing at the local level."

Me: "Dude... it's from your OWN website."

Manager: "Doesn't matter, we don't do internet pricing."

Me: "Look... the ad mentions that it may not be in stock at all locations. That means local stores. Honor the price."

Manager: "The price markdown hasn't hit this store yet."

Me: "You and I both know the real price of this drive. IF you don't want to honor this, let's get your district manager on the phone. I'm a Business Rewards customer and I spend a lot of money here at Staples. Let's see what he has to say. Besides, I'll just come back and match you against your own store pricewithin 30 days if you don't honor it now, and then you'll cut the price even more."

Manager: "OK, I'm not supposed to do this, but I guess I can just this once."

Me: "Thankyaverrrrymuch, I'll be back to buy more later."

I went to my local store and they were happy to price match thier website, walked out with it for 59 plus tax

T-3

Originally posted by Idler
Reason:
Cendyne went kaput. So we're getting rid of inventory.
If you go to www.cendyne.com, you'll see they were bought out by Genica (CompGeeks' parent company) back in early December.

This is old stock and that's probably the main reason to dump it, just like any other old product gets clearanced. Cendyne is still honoring the warranties.

Still a very good deal if you buy 2 using a coupon.

am i missing something?
link takes me to default page. just wanted a page to print and take to local staples
bummer

Back