[hot] Antec Neo Eco 620w $30 @ Newegg AR FS

Its a nice PSU doesn't come with a power cable though. and wire management is tough I found the cables to be stiff for an antec.

Yeah I'll pass, after RMAing two of them and the third one dying I threw it away. I know I'm in the minority though.

Just ordered this myself. I had been looking at 80 plus gold PSU's but at $130-$150 they are still too much for me. My other option was an Antec High Current Gamer 620w which this basically is anyway.

Make sure to buy something cheap like a SATA cable along with this so you can use the discount coupon and the new customer coupon.

Make new account
Add PSU+$3.98 SATA cable
Apply PSU coupon, then apply NEWCUSTOMER10

I have one in my PC and it works great. Pretty quiet too. Even without the rebate, $50 is still a great price for these.

This is a good unit eh....?
Think i'll grab one or 2 and if it doesn't go well....

I'LL BLAME YOU GUYS!! :D lol

Good. I only have my sig rig and a friend is going to get it too, instead he has a GTX470.
It'll handle some OCing right? Sorry, i know next to nothing about PSUs

I got in on this during the last shell shocker. I think it was maybe $50. Good power supply and very quiet imo.

Good deal.. just don't need any PSUs.. and probably not anytime soon either.

I have an Antec 650w in my old machine.. a 750w in my sig machine... a 350 or 450w in my sister-in-law's machine. Had a few others, but used them/gave them away to family/friends who needed them.

It'll be in the 80 to 85% load area but I'd say it can.
305 watts for an X6 at 4.0 with no graphics load at all. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-2600k-990x_12.html#sect0

now throw in another 325-350 watts for 6950 crossfire and you are at around 625-650 watts at the wall. factor in efficiency and you still are looking at about 525-550 watts easily possible under full load. that psu only has 576 watts available on the 12v line where nearly all that power is needed. that's over 90 percent without even overclocking the 6950 at all. :eek:

so even at stock 6950 speeds it would be too close for comfort and who wants 6950 cards and not be able to oc them?

If he was going to be mining and folding then no I wouldn't consider it, but for gaming it should be fine.

If he was going to be mining and folding then no I wouldn't consider it, but for gaming it should be fine.
well if you do the math it is not fine and absolutely asking for trouble with any overclocking on the 6950s. plus I was not even factoring in anything beyond the basic pc setup. he could have multiple drives and other stuff too which would basically put the nail in the coffin even with stock 6950 crossfire. the X6 is a massive power hog at 4.0 as you can see and limits his options for other things.

I've got two of the older version of these.. a 500w and 400w or 430w. Both are rock-solid. The fan in the 400/430 started making quite a bit of noise, but I ended up just swapping it out for another quiet 80mm fan I had laying around.

I'm tempted to pick this up for the ESXi machine and rotate the 400w out of use.

Back