HOT! 80gb Seagate 50$ NR at BBY

Gawd
Came into work today and noticed Best Buy put the 80 gb seagate drives on clearence for $50 in store. I work at one of the larger stores in the dallas area and we have 25 in stock, and most of the stores in my area have about that as well.

Hot deal! Just ordered 2!
Linkage
It'd be great for a new servier w/ raid, especially if the NF7-S deal goes through. :)

I woiudnt burst out with HOT! Id say more like warm, because thats not even 50 cents a gig. Thanks though, its still a good deal.

Originally posted by S0mE0nEsMiNd1
I woiudnt burst out with HOT! Id say more like warm, because thats not even 50 cents a gig. Thanks though, its still a good deal.

Yes, this is hot because of the fact that this doesn't involve those damned MIRs.

If I was in need of more hard drive space, I'd grab one or two of these.

Aren't these quiet? If I recall correctly, it's Seagate drives I've been impressed with the near-silence of in the past.

Originally posted by yoda634
Yes, this is hot because of the fact that this doesn't involve those damned MIRs.

Agreed.

I'm in for one for a machine I'm putting together for my grandfather.

I almost bought two more to set up a raid for myself, but I just couldn't justify the expense. :(

Thanks for posting though, good deal. :)

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered only one, but hear they are nice HD's. Will find out now.

:)

Sweet! Guess it'll be time to retire, or at least semi-retire, my 4 year old 15 GB drive :D . Just have to decide if I want to put a second box of old parts together, or leave the 15 gigger as my OS drive.

thanks, got some today:D

I really like seagate service, I had two new 30's that where DOA
called segate that afternoon and I had a box the next morning:eek: . didn't even ask for rush or anything.
now thats why my new drives are going to be seagate.

Thanks, my bro is very happy now. He took out a loan from me to get an 80. Replaced his old 12 giger 5200 rpm ata66 oldie.

got mine too

not the best deal i've ever seen, but I'm willing to take a 10-15 dollar hit for no MIR's

thanks

Pretty good price, especially since its no rebates. Even though MIR's are a pain though you can usually get 120GB and 160GB drives for this price or not much more.

Originally posted by yoda634

Aren't these quiet? If I recall correctly, it's Seagate drives I've been impressed with the near-silence of in the past.

They're pretty quite until they start the "Click of Death". :mad: Every Seagate I've had or worked around would eventually die - usually as soon as the warranty runs out. I won't be buying any more of them unless their quality has improved a bunch lately.

I just jumped too. Don't really need a new drive, but less than 3 months ago, I bought an identical drive for 65 after mail in rebate, that took almost these past 3 months to get here. The drive is super quiet, and blazing fast.

Probably should have bought 2, but I don't really need this one...

Plus, thanks to the UT2k4se debacle, I got an extra 10% off, so I saved another 5 bucks.

I sure hope this is in Canada now that I need a new HDD, I also hope this sale runs till Wednesday when i can go to BB.

Great timing, my OS drive started goign corrupt on me 2 days ago and i was looking for a good drive to replace it with, and the no MIR thing appealed to the parents who still haven't seen $700 from amazon and tmobile rebates.

damn that sucks! i was just getting ready to buy one, oh well maybe my local best buy will have one in stock tomorrow.

Originally posted by Xelarator
shit...bb website says its SOLD OUT now..i was gonna get 2 tomorow. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT.

Check local store availability, that what i did, and all the stores around me say "In Stock" so i'll be stopping by BB after work today :) .

I just had my 120gb seagate die on me :(. Now I am down to 360 gigs of space :(

The BBY near Gwinnett Place Mall had 2 left as of 6pm this afternoon. They still may be there for yall here in the area...

Mine was also changed to back ordered! oh well, it says it might ship by 4/3, i'm hoping it does.

Mine also changed to "Backordered" - probably because the order didn't get "accepted" for 12 hours.

I should have gotten 2 while I was at it, but don't really need this one.

Every BB in Ohio was sold out as of yesterday evening, I was going to buy a DVDRW drive with this to, but I guess I'll just order it all from the egg.

If i didnt have 2 80GB harddrives sitting on my desk looking at me Id be all over this

I just checked in my store and the price was back up to $99.99 and we were sold out but getting more in. Hopefully price goes back down.

i checked the CC website, they dont sell seagate hard drives.. only WD

Back