Hot 2700+ and GF4

dobbz

Limp Gawd
edit: I got around this prob and got my system back to default settings.

Specs at bottom. To sum it up: My first real OC. At default speeds this proc would idle at 50c with stock cooling. I now gather that this is a bit hot.

Before I found this out, I was running it 2700+ at 200x10.5 1.725v for a week at 55-57c idle, 63c load and prime95 for almost two hours (good enough I thought). Then a couple days later my video crapped out and I couldnt get a refresh above 60Hz in any res except at my normal desktop settings which are 1152x864 @ 85, plus garbled text and 'quilted' walls in quake and ocassional stray pixels on my desktop. Reinstalling the detonators would fix it for a day.

So I put the proc back down to default (166x13.0 1.65v) and it runs at 45 idle, which is what it started at when I built this thing. I guess its still kinda hot, and the prob with my video/drivers hasn't gone away. Reinstalls and version changes are not helping anymore. I was thinking about getting a Thermalright SLK-947U heat sink and big loud fan if this keeps up.

But I'd like to find out if its my video card drawing heat from the processor or what. How do I get my video card temp? BTW, this card is at default speeds. It only goes up 10MHz or so before the screen freezes anyway.

find a monitor or you have a locked proccesor and ot presse the caed to hard go to the cards website and download a control utility, you may not be able to in case lower the voltage on the caard.
easiest remedy you need cooling ad fans and heatsinks espescially your cpu and the create a tunnell between you card cpu
one intake to two outake across you highest heat sources.

Back