homemade fan shrouds

BlinD87

n00b
Now I know this has been done. But ways I've seen are really ghetto. I'm sure some of you guys have some good ideas, so whats a nice inexpensive diy fan shroud idea that is visually appealing?

If you want to do external make a wooden box and mount the fan and rad in there. I dont have a jigsaw so I cant make one out of wood so I went with cardboard and duct tape. I heard a wooden one works great. Creates an air tunnel which forms more pressure or some crap I dont understand. All I know is it gets some killer temps if setup right. Well for water anyway ;)

I MIGHT have mine up and running on my KT7 RAID and 800 tbird with a maze 4 later tonight for some testing...

Im planning to go internal setup. ( I dont like having 2 boxes heh.) But thats a good idea. Be sure and snap some pics of your setup. :)

I saw two people do it and got near ambiant results and they both used the same principle so I figured why not try it. As for internal you could tape some cardboard to the rad than bend it and tape the fan on maybe?

ya know. I've been thinking about the external idea for a few hours. And its growing on me. I'm gonna go look for supplies today. :cool:

Back