home theater from best buy? :rolleyes:

Dome

2[H]4U
anyhow i have a 100 gift certificate to best buy (and a router which i hope i can get store credit for w/out the recipt) and was thinking about getting a home theater connected to my computer. i was wondering what i'll need.

here's what i have:
winfast pvr deluxe
audigy 1
monitor

here's what i'm ordering from newegg for my new system (only parts which are related):
radeon 9800
liteon dvd
nf7-s onboard sound

so here's the question *gasp for air*:

is there a home theater system from best buy which i can buy and hook up to my computer for less than $200 dollars total including hardware and the likes, which plays sound from both my computer and a reciever (or however that works, i assume that home theater has its own dvd player etc but i'd be happy getting better sound than my z-560 w/ busted sub)

thanks

just to clarify about the winfast PVR, i'd only be using this for TV and such, i don't think i'd be using it to watch dvd's as i'm planning on buying a DVD rom drive

i just want the home theater to play computer audio and such, i'm just not sure how they connect

Look into the KLH line of speakers and receivers.

The speakers can be purchased for cheap, along with a 500 watt receiver for 1 bill and something.

if my z-560 sub can be fixed (my friend has a sub w/ wiring problems so he's going to put his speaker into my sub) then i probably won't spend my money on home theater.

if it doesn't work tho, would it be better for 200 dollars to go home theater or just the z 5300?

Back