Holy Cow, The 6800U Sucks Some Juice!!!

MadFlava

Limp Gawd
So I got my eVGA 6800U today and installed it in my machine. Had a heck of a time wrestling the sucker in and getting the molex connectors on. That card is LOOOOONG.

Anyway, get everything in, fire the PC up and as soon as the Windows splash screen comes up, the breaker for my room kicks. I was like WTF??!! So go downstairs, reset the breaker, come back and fire it up again. Windows splash screen, poof, breaker off again.

Now, I do have TONS of equipment running in my rooms.. 3 PCs, a portable AC and a bunch of other crap but even still, that's NEVER happened. Finally I had to shut down one of my PCs to get the 6800U rig to boot past the Windows splash screen.

Good thing I got a cousin that's an electrician :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

like a fireing up your own nuclear reactor system. hehe
May want to get more power into the house ;)

Nvidia should of said more power for your apt/house may be required :)

You need to get the latest Bios for your fuse box so that you can increase the Vcore.

kuyaglen said:
You need to get the latest Bios for your fuse box so that you can increase the Vcore.

Sad but true. I wish I would have tested to see how much more of a load it added to my PC's current requirements.

Just got off the phone with my cousin.. he's going to come out and we're going to drop a new outlet directly from the breaker box just to feed the PCs. Damn Nvidia................

You may want to write up a do it your self house electrical mod for the 6800 ;)

That's a funny story, hehe.

I'm surprised I'm running my BFG 6800 GT @ Ultra speeds on my Shuttles 200W PSU. :D
I haven't got that 'need more juice' warning pop-up yet.

I don´t know but for some reason the GT seem to require less current even when running at ULTRA speeds what´s up with that? Is the ULTRA like the 9800XT that runs higher voltages by default?

Back