Holw do I edit samb.conf???

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
When I make changes to the file and try to save it I get permission denied even tho I opened it via sudo. As usual, all I get from Google is BS and gibberish.

TIA :)

When I make changes to the file and try to save it I get permission denied even tho I opened it via sudo. As usual, all I get from Google is BS and gibberish.

TIA :)
Do a sudo su in the command line first to switch to root itself. most likely the samba.conf file is write protected so that only root can access it. That way a superuser still can't modify it.

Most wireguard configs do the same thing with their wg.conf file. It's how I configured the VPN for work and how I used to run it in my house until I installed my opnsense firewall.

Do a sudo su in the command line first to switch to root itself. most likely the samba.conf file is write protected so that only root can access it. That way a superuser still can't modify it.

Most wireguard configs do the same thing with their wg.conf file. It's how I configured the VPN for work and how I used to run it in my house until I installed my opnsense firewall.

Thank you sir. That did it. :)

Back