HL2 Preload and ATI Coupon??

travanx

[H]ard|Gawd
I just was reading how the ATI coupon holders will get the preload of this. can someone explain how this works? I still have my coupon unscratched, and want to make sure how it works before I scratch it off. If I download it, will I still be able to get a physical copy? Also what if it does get downloaded through steam. Can that be put on a cd? Or does it always need to be redownloaded if I reformat? I assume someone here is in the Beta or knows more about this.

you will not get a cd. but you can back up your cache files before you format and then you won't have to download it again.
they are located in Steam/SteamApps, the gcf files

you can choose to get a physical copy sent to you instead of using steam to preload it.

go to the ati webpage for the cupon. (the url is on the cupon)

and on there it gives details on how to get a phyiscal copy sent to you, if you dont want to DL through steam.

thanks, I just put my coupon away and didn't actually think the game was going to come out this year. So now it looks like I need to go find it to download the game.

KoDt said:
you can choose to get a physical copy sent to you instead of using steam to preload it.

go to the ati webpage for the cupon. (the url is on the cupon)

and on there it gives details on how to get a phyiscal copy sent to you, if you dont want to DL through steam.

Make sure you've got your original receipt so you can send them a photocopy too. I've been looking for mine for days now and can't find it. Got everything, including the unscratched ATI card, 'cept for the receipt. Guess I'll just be downloading it via Steam. :(

So the preload is suppose to start today for CS:S.... has anyone seen it yet or heard any news about it?

Back