HK AVR 335 + Rocket ELT :D

fugu

[H]F Junkie
Woohoo, everything is here ;) Set up the fronts, center and sub, but the surrounds are still in the box while my roommates and I rearrange the living room. So far everything sounds great. I borrowed an SPL meter to calibrate things but it turns out I really didn't need to make very many adjustments. The sub gets a lot lower than the sub on my Promedias, but it doesn't get boomy or distorted so you don't really notice it.

I need to pick up some stands now. Can anyone recommend a brand or anything? What's a good price to pay? I've been looking online at parts express and good guys, but it's hard to tell how solid they are...

fugu said:
I've been looking online at parts express and good guys, but it's hard to tell how solid they are...
Pretty good from what I hear, I have friends who buy stuff from them all the time with no issues.

fugu said:
Woohoo, everything is here ;) Set up the fronts, center and sub, but the surrounds are still in the box while my roommates and I rearrange the living room. So far everything sounds great. I borrowed an SPL meter to calibrate things but it turns out I really didn't need to make very many adjustments. The sub gets a lot lower than the sub on my Promedias, but it doesn't get boomy or distorted so you don't really notice it.

I need to pick up some stands now. Can anyone recommend a brand or anything? What's a good price to pay? I've been looking online at parts express and good guys, but it's hard to tell how solid they are...

Grats on the Rockets! :D

Premier makes some really nice stands. The company is owned by paradigm. There may be a local paradigm dealer in your area that sells these stands.

Other stands that are very good include
Axiom FMS 16 (or the FMS 24) $180 bucks

How about these? They're pretty cheap.

You get what you pay for with those.
If you have ever owned a desk made from MDF you know what I mean.

Mister X said:
You get what you pay for with those.
If you have ever owned a desk made from MDF you know what I mean.

Ah, gotcha...

I ended up putting them on some bookshelves (who woulda thunk, bookshelf speakers placed on bookshelves) for now and it seems to be working pretty well.

BUT, the midrange on one of the ELT LRS speakers is bad =( It crackles at normal volume levels. I tried swapping speakers to see if it was the receiver, but it was the speaker. I talked to tech support and they're shipping a new driver, so hopefully this whole thing will be up and running soon...

Back