Hiya all

Wonder if some one culd aid me,. i am looking for a special cable for a screen i bought. The plug in to the screen is formed like a plugin for a cable tv now i have no clue what caind of cable i need ore whats the name for it.

Are you talking a computer screen or a TV?
If it's a monitor it sounds like it could be using BNC connectors. They're similar to the F-type connectors used for cable TV, except that instead of having threads they have a smooth barrel with 2 lugs near the end that the cable clips onto.
If it's got 5 of these on it (red, green, blue, vsync, and hsync) you should be able to just get an adapter cable for it as long as it's not a fixed frequency screen.
If it's only got three it's probably sync on green. (assuming it's a color screen)
Those can be made to work, but it's a bit of a hassle. A lot of vid cards don't support sync on green. You'd need to find one that does or buy/build a circuit to convert separate sync to sync on green.

Thank you were much , your discription was exakt what i was looking for. Do you might now a www adress that sells thease cables as they did not have any BNC connectors at my local computer store.

Once again thanks.

// Chucky

Back