Hitman Absolution - $5 (Steam)

I really wanted to play this but the abysmal reviews scared me away. Guess you can't go wrong for $5 though. I'm in!

Game was great! Reviewers are retards. Don't trust what you read on the internet. They loved Bioshock Infinite. Was bored and quit playing it a few hours in. Hitman absolution I beat it but I go back and replay certain missions over and over finding new shit / ways to kills someone every time.

I guess for 5 bucks i'll add it to my ever-growing backlog of games to play through. Good deal.

Game was great! Reviewers are retards. Don't trust what you read on the internet. They loved Bioshock Infinite. Was bored and quit playing it a few hours in. Hitman absolution I beat it but I go back and replay certain missions over and over finding new shit / ways to kills someone every time.

so am i to disregard your review as well since im reading it on the internet? ugh now im so confused!

definitely getting this for $5 when i get home. thanks OP!

Yeah from PC Gamer in particular. I tend to agree with most of their reviews and if they hate a game, I usually don't like it either.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/hitman-absolution-review/

And the user reviews on your link aren't that stellar either.

But you're right that for $5, got nothing to lose.

If you actually look at the user reviews it's a bunch of 0/1 score garbage. People who are pissed it wasn't exactly like Blood Money, I guess.

But yeah it's definitely worth $5. There is a lot of potential replay value there in the Contracts mode as well.

I felt it was a waste of money at around 13 dollars. Personally I probably won't touch it again, so even at $5 it will be too much for me.

But by all means get it if it holds at least $5 worth of interest to you.

just got home and went to buy it, and shows $12.49 for me. is this dead or am i doing it wrong?

EDIT: thought when you said steam you meant "on steam" not "activates on steam" so i'm an idiot and i see the price on amazon. :)

Last edited:
Got it from the amazon sale a few days ago, it's lotso fun but I'm no critic.

heck of a game for 5 bucks. and no the professional edition is not worth it IMO. its only for contracts mode anyway.

Thanks OP,
i need more games for my steam account i have like 4 lol

i didnt get taxed, 4.99 out the door so to speak

Why is this game so cheap so fast? It pisses me off that older games nobody cares about like Lost Planet 2 or Hunted Demon's Forge never drop below $10. This might be a better game but why so cheap already, and why do some games never go on sale?

Why is this game so cheap so fast? It pisses me off that older games nobody cares about like Lost Planet 2 or Hunted Demon's Forge never drop below $10. This might be a better game but why so cheap already, and why do some games never go on sale?
More to do with the publishers and/or rights holders.

May just be me, but I couldn't get into this game. Just didn't like it.

Oh well, only $5. Back to Dota 2 and The Witcher 2.

hm. washington has always charged tax on steam since valve is based in seattle. if you were charged tax then it's probably a new state law taxing online purchases. soon enough we will all be paying taxes on online purchases, but you might already be there. :/

$5 for the Hitman challenge is worth it. Amazing how you can burn up 40+ hours on it. Get it..try it.

It was cheap, and I had gift cards from books I returned, so I bought it. I still have 2-3 weeks off from work, so I need something to kill time.

Damn, forgot all about this one! Couldn't buy it on my phone for some reason and it slipped my mind when I got home the other night. Glad I checked my subscribed posts!

If you actually look at the user reviews it's a bunch of 0/1 score garbage. People who are pissed it wasn't exactly like Blood Money, I guess.

But yeah it's definitely worth $5. There is a lot of potential replay value there in the Contracts mode as well.

Looks like you were totally right. Finally got around to playing this and have a couple hours on it and I have to admit, this is a pretty damn good game. Taking me some getting used to because I usually like to run and gun thru everything but this is pretty fun so far. Id pay $30 for this as of now.

Yeah im the same way, run and gun but played this for a little bit and its a nice change of pace. Well worth the 5 bucks

Back