HIS Radeon HD4830

Sway

Limp Gawd
Welp, Got a strange thing happening here. Just purchased a new video card in the last few days. Is/was a HIS Radeon HD4830. I picked this up from zipzoomfly for a great price and now that I get it installed the card is seriously overheating during gaming. I have adequate airflow and cooling in my case and what not. So I open the case up to see what would be the matter. According to the ati control center the clock was on stock clocks around 95c
after a reboot due to a system hang. I noticed after I went back into another game that the fan on the video card is not coming on. At no time has this happened. So I figure out why im over heating and now I need to deal with this. Obviously ive reseated the plug for the fan to try and see if that fixes things but it does not. ARGH

this video card uses a 2 wire fan connector and is supposedly not controllable from the tray controller.

Hah well Fixed this issue a while back. Apparently the fan connector on the video card was not soldered in properly and was losing contact and not providing power to the fan. Hence overheating. Easy rma fix and all is good now ;)

Back