Highpoint 4320 ready for expansion in Norco 4220

Dgephri

Limp Gawd
when I purchased my Case and RAID card, I planned on getting a Chenbro SAS expander later on.

Lately, that seems like it won't be happening.

What are my best alternatives given my 4320 SAS raid card and compatibility questions?

is one of the HPs going to work ok?

Anybody else with the same RAID card have a guaranteed Expander they recommend?

Currently 8 1TB Hitachis in RAID 5+1 in a Norco 4220.

I sold one of my Chenbro SAS expanders to someone using that card and they were pleased with the results. I can't say anything about the compatibility of the HP one unfortunately however.

thanks Blue Fox. I might have to opt for the 13601 since I might not be able to get my hands on any in the future.

Late reply (I just found this searching for something else). I was the one who bought the Chenbro expander and yes, it works like a charm with the 4320. I still see them up on eBay fairly often, you could almost certainly grab one from there if you can't find them anywhere else.

Late reply (I just found this searching for something else). I was the one who bought the Chenbro expander and yes, it works like a charm with the 4320. I still see them up on eBay fairly often, you could almost certainly grab one from there if you can't find them anywhere else.

Do you know if this card suppots the Western DIgital 2TB WD20EADS drives? Also what controller is a good combination for this expander card? Sorry to hijack the thread. i have 20 drives trying to put together myself in a case.

Which card are you asking about, the 4320 or the Chenbro? I did use the 4320 with the EADS drives, but have not tried the Chenbro with them as I sold them once I got my expander and went 100% to the Hitachi 2TB drives. Since I could no longer purchase the WD drives reliably that still allowed for proper TLER configuration, I decided to get rid of those and go fully to Hitachi.

Back