High volume printhead from work. Geek neat

Supchaka

Limp Gawd
These are some pictures of a Scitex printer we use on a customers mailing machine. The box is HUGE, and weighs like 80 pounds, not sure what all is in it. Anyways it runs through the black umbilical looking thing to the black box you see which is the printhead. It prints peoples names and addresses, delivery point barcodes and other stuff at a rate up to 50k an hour. Pretty fast. Yeah its goofy but I like shit like this so I thought I'd show you anyways!

printer.jpg

printer2.jpg

heh... i work in the print and mail business too. you'd be suprised just how big industrial versions of common office equipment can get.

How loud is it? We have quite a few different ones at my job some of them are loud as heck....not anywhere near my office thank goodness.

Yes it is VERY loud, I was amazed actually... lol still trying to figure that one out. When I set it into standby this fan in the back kicked on or something for a second and blew 3 feet to the wall, then 5 feet up and nearly took a calender off the wall LOL.

And yes its useful... If you are doing something like say, Costco's monthly membership billings and you have 3 million pieces to get out :D

This system is actually in use for a county registrar of voters. They have to run 500k the first week and 100k the second week. Not sure what the total count is for this election they're getting ready for.

That was interesting. Thanks for posting it. Pretty neat.

Back