Hide hard drives from guest account?

Andrew_e1

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,

I have Guest accounts enabled on my system but since I moved "my documents" folder to the D drive and I have another hard drive with that back up, the guest account can access the files and see everything.

Is there a simple way to hide both drives from the guest account? I've never messed around with security permissions.

Thanks

Security permissions would be the best way to go. You could block them out from even listing folders on the D: drive.

Security permissions would be the best way to go. You could block them out from even listing folders on the D: drive.

Yeah I would imagine thats the way but I don't want to mess anything up. If I saw a group named "guest" I would just uncheck all the permissions but its clearly not that simple.

I see System, My username, Administrators and Users...

How would I do it?

Put the Guests group in the mix but put deny for every permission type

Put the Guests group in the mix but put deny for every permission type

How do I add it? The add users dialog box has a lot of options and nowhere do I see the Guest account...

Sorry but i'm really really noob in this part of windows. Never tried it before...

When you're in the add user dialog box, just type Guests into it & add it. After that you'll be able to set the permissions.

When you're in the add user dialog box, just type Guests into it & add it. After that you'll be able to set the permissions.

I tried that, but after hitting unchecking all the permissions and hitting ok, I see it applying the settings to the folders but when I go back to verify the Guests entry is gone :confused:

Unchecking all permissions means that it will delete it from the list. You need to check all boxes for Deny in order for it to stay.

Back