hey p4 gods check this out

slightlyhuman

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok i have the px865pe, 3500 hyper x, 2.4c and stock cooling

i have good airflow

temps are around 34c-40c idle 45-50c load at 3.0ghz

im usin 1.6 vcore and for some reason in BF and q3 , the pc reboots. I know 50 c cant cause this becuz p4's are stable at 70c or so.

what is causing it? think i should up the vcore?

also Im gonna buy a betteer heatsink I like silence but what is a good heatsink that will hold a 120mm panaflo

please lmk something asap so I can buy this weekend

ps- psu is 350w enermax

TIA

you answered your own question... 350 watt psu...

how many drives are you running? ... do you have like 203948329034 cathods? (i know i do) how many fans? ... how many cards do you have in your box? ... I know I have my GeforceFX 5600, .. my ATi Radeon 7000, my Dlink 802.11G Wireless card, LSI Logic1010-66 SCSI Card... and when i was running under 450w... my AMD would reboot randomly.. but once i went out and dropped a chunk of change on a nice PSU... alot of my problems stopped....

OC'd processors with fluctuating voltages (especially the 12V) .. will cause you to loose stability in a heart beat.. and most of the time.. reboot or lock :)

-Tony

It ain't the PSU. Don't waste your cash. I've run a helluva lot more than that on alot less.

I bought a Antec True Power 550Watt so I would never ever ever need to get a new one until ATX goes by by...

You should be able to hit 3.0 at 1.55V or less. Stock HSF sucks ass. Get something better w/80mm fan.

Is your vidcard Oc'd?

yes my 9500 non pro is a little past 9700 pro(good card, its softmodded,etc

i haev a dvd burner, fan controller, 40gig HD, 9500 np and everything else is onboard

its not the psu

I got another question

I have a sensor on the bottom of the heatsink right outside of the cpu(its not inbetween but on the outside of the bottom of the heatsink

my bios reads 50c cpu but in windows MBM, speedfan, and my fan controller say about 10-12c lower than that

which one is right???

also i have 4 blue antec 80mm fans, 120mm panaflo and a 120mm off brand blowing on my vid card

I honestly think from what you've said is your vidcard is too overclocked. Drop the speed back a bit and retry. I have experienced this before.

ran 3dmark 03 and playeed bf1942 @ 3.2 with vid card @ 330/310 @ 1.65 v core

think i solved it

Originally posted by derrickperry
i dont and ha vent get any bsod, does xp even get them?

my ram ill have to check forgot

O yes, you will get a BSOD in winXP.

I never saw a BSOD in win2k.

You usually only get BSOD if you uncheck the auto reboot on error. Most of the time WindowsXP just reboots when it would have gotten a BSOD.

If you like to see your BSOD's and see the error message. You need to change your setting......

under... My Computer... Properties... Advanced... Start up and Recovery... (then under System Failure) uncheck Automatically Restart.

i've only gotten bsod on xp when i've overclock my crap way too high

Yeah, it's hard for me to REALLY crash XP unless I cheat (OCing my 3.25-barely-stable 2.6 to 3.8, etc...)

Back