Hercules 9800 Pro 128MB - D.O.A.

ChillyDog

n00b
Hey,

I just finished putting my new system together to find out that when I wanted to start it up for the very first time my screen stayed blank, nothing on it at all.
Everything seemed to work ok, fans working, lights on even on the video card, so it did get power.
I did get 1 long and 2 short beeps which indicated a video adapter error.
So I put in my old NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS and then everything seemed to work.

Should I RMA the video card or could it be something else?
Like the power supply to the video card althought the fan on the card works ?

System specs:
* Pentium 4 3.0 GHz (800 FSB) HTT
* Zalman CNPS7000A-CU
* Abit IC7-MAX3 'Canterwood'
* 1 Gb kit EL DDR PC3200 Dual Channel OCZ Platinum
* 2 x WD Raptor 36.7 GB
* Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9
* Antec TrueBlue 480W
* Plextor PX708A/T3 DVD-RW
* Plextor PX116A/T3 DVD-ROM

test the 9800 in another system before ruling it out. It's really easy not to seat a AGP card fully. Push down on the butt firmly.

Test it in another system, I had a GF4 MX that refused to boot in an Abit SE6 no matter what, just gave me POST error beeps but worked fine in any other board.

i doubt its the power, its either the compatability with the mother board or it is not seated fully

I dont think the 9800Pro needs the power if your doing desktop and 2D progs. I think it draws power when its using 3D. Try using it in another system. Try reseating. If not RMA it.

Ok,
I inserted the 9800 Pro on another PC and guess what, it worked right away ...
So, what now ??

I don't know the what mobo the other PC has, it's a Medion2001 PC and the mobo model doesn't seem to be on the board.

that card should work in your mobo u have one of the best p4 boareds make shur you have ypou agp set @ 8x and make shure its all setup right for that card

look to see if it push down all the way. Push down with a little force. It may seem redundant, but it happens a lot to many of us, that why many are suggesting you look at it again.

Here is some more info.
Mind you, this is with the GForce card since I don't get an output with the 9800 pro installed.

BIOS:
Soft Menu:
- AGP Ratio (CPU:AGP:pCI): Auto
- AGP Voltage : 1.55 V
Advanced Chipset Features:
- Init Display First: AGP
- AGP Aperture Size: 128MB
- AGP Data Rate Capability: 4x Mode
- Game Accelerator: Auto
- Read Delay (tRD): Auto
- Read Delay Adjust (tRDA): Auto
- Command Per Clock (CPC): Auto

Vcore: 1.49v
DDR: 2.58v
+3.3V: 3.25v
+5V: 4.95v
+12V: 11.80v
VDDQ: 1.28v
VTT: 1.52v
Vbat: 3.28v
5Vsb: 4.99v

I'm really kinda getting desperate here !!

Originally posted by demons9872
that card should work in your mobo u have one of the best p4 boareds make shur you have ypou agp set @ 8x and make shure its all setup right for that card
I can't even get into the BIOS menu to set AGP @ 8x.
The monitor doenst even turn on, just stays in stand-by

Originally posted by RQLe
look to see if it push down all the way. Push down with a little force. It may seem redundant, but it happens a lot to many of us, that why many are suggesting you look at it again.
It's really really seated properly :)
I think I placed and removed the card about a 1000 times

Use the edit button, triple post is not good

anyway have you tried flashing the motherboard bios to the latest one?

Back