Help with selecting sub

vxspiritxv

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a dayton/parts express 12 and its just not cutting the mustard for the room.
Low volume its fine, but it will go from sounding fine to strait up buzzing once something happens that's too loud (like t-rex foot steps in Jurassic park). Room is like 30x18 kinda open concept home.

h.gif

*Red square is the only acceptable location for the sub.
Receiver is Onkyo TX-NR646

Would like to stay under $500, for my size house do I have to go custom to reach this price point? What are my options? BIC Acoustech PL-200?

Get a Hsu sub on sale during black Friday. One of the 15 inch models.

For a room,that big you need big and powerfulf you,want to feel the bass and get compression of the air.

I have a dayton/parts express 12 and its just not cutting the mustard for the room.
Low volume its fine, but it will go from sounding fine to strait up buzzing once something happens that's too loud (like t-rex foot steps in Jurassic park). Room is like 30x18 kinda open concept home.

h.gif

*Red square is the only acceptable location for the sub.
Receiver is Onkyo TX-NR646

Would like to stay under $500, for my size house do I have to go custom to reach this price point? What are my options? BIC Acoustech PL-200?

Or buy 5 daytons and stack them on top of each other?

Or if you really want to feel it, probably my favorite HT accessory ever http://www.parts-express.com/buttki...source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

I second the HSU or maybe a SVS ported or sealed, whatever your flavor is there. Rythmik and Outlaw subs also have nice subs in that range.

Dual SVSs. And a DENON AVR with dual sub-out and Audyssey XT32/SubEQ.

I have a similar room and receiver and have a velodyne ct-150 that I have had since 2000. It can wake up the dead at reference volume; a lot also depends on placement and tuning the sub to get the best constructive interference where you typically watch. They're fairly reasonable on eBay / craigslist.

Check out power sound audio subs too. Chat with Tom on the site and he can help point you in the right direction. He'll never try to over sell you. I told him my room specs and he suggested a lesser sub than what I was thinking. I bought the bigger one anyways and now have two of them.

Back