Help with Radeon 9800XT

pHatalbOom

Limp Gawd
Yes. Don't know if this is the right place, but whatever.

I went to go see the Arizona Diamondbacks game today, so I shut down my computer. When I get back.. I startup my computer and my video settings are messed up. Ex: I cannot use 1600x1200 and in Counter-Strike I cannot use OpenGL mode. I don't know WTF happened. I did system rollback, installed newest drivers and nothing. Help?

Was there a thunderstorm in your area or anything else that might have caused a problem with the power?

Something could have been fried. Just because a computer is off doesn't protect it from surges caused by lightning strikes.

However, this looks like it's not the case for you. Are you overclocking at all?

You might want to make sure the fan on your video card is still operating.

Yes, it is. Well, it spins.

I have a Shuttle. My Vid card HAS to be working correctly for it to give output, since it's not connected to onboard, right?

Chances are it's just fine and something else might be screwed up. However, there is always the possibility that a certain part of the video card might have been damaged somehow and that's affecting it. Chances are probably pretty slim that it's that, however.

Do you have another video card you can try?

Well, assuming the rollback went smoothly it seems that you don't have a software problem. Without backup hardware to test it might be difficult to see what your problem is.

You could try reformatting - maybe the rollback didn't go so smoothly but Windows thought it did.

Back