Help with Oblivion HDR + AA bug

ludachaz

Limp Gawd
So it works, but the thing that makes the HDr go from bright to dark depending on what you look at seems to be broken. What happens is if you look at something bright and then turn away everything stays super bright. And it just stays like that instead of darkening. And when it does try to turn darker it ends up going from bright to dark every other frame, making a really annoying flashing effect that gave me a headache in like 10 seconds. And it messes with the water. No clue why, could it be windows xp 64 bit? My specs are Athlon64 3000+ @ 4000+, 2 gigs of ram and a 1900xtx

It sounds like it could be a bug with the Chuck patch. I know that the people at Ati are still trying to work out a few issues with it. Did you make any tweaks to your Oblivion .ini file?

ludachaz said:
So it works, but the thing that makes the HDr go from bright to dark depending on what you look at seems to be broken. What happens is if you look at something bright and then turn away everything stays super bright. And it just stays like that instead of darkening. And when it does try to turn darker it ends up going from bright to dark every other frame, making a really annoying flashing effect that gave me a headache in like 10 seconds. And it messes with the water. No clue why, could it be windows xp 64 bit? My specs are Athlon64 3000+ @ 4000+, 2 gigs of ram and a 1900xtx

I get the same thing. Sometimes I get strange colors around the edges of the screen.

I get the edges when it starts, but they usually go away. I know FarCry HDR had the edge problem too. But its annoying me cause I cant play with AA. The only change to my ini is more grids load and water reflects all. Oh and speaking of water, it also messes with the water, like it gets artifacts and white lines on it now and then.

Kiggles said:
Welcome to AA and HDR are not compatible in Oblivion.

They are both enabled on the 360 version, but not allowed on the pc version ;)

Wrench00 are you on Windows XP 64 bit version as well?

HDR+AA is working fine for me. I assume that you have Catalyst AI enabled and that you aren't trying to go above 4xAA.

cataclyst AI enabled, should I do standard or advanced? what the difference? I'm just trying to do 2x. >_< I might have to install 32 bit if that is the problem.

Back