Help with my keyboard

Omionous11

Weaksauce
I just recently bought the Poseidon z keyboard ( brown switch keyboard ) everything on the keyboard works fine except for the volume controls and the play/pause short-keys. I contacted customer support and they weren't helpful at all ( basically told me to return the faulty product and provided no helpful solutions ) so instead I decided to Google my problem. This is what i found http://poseidon.epfl.ch/english/faq/linux-software/article/my-volume-controls-and-mute-keys.html

However after going too "system" I can't find the "preferences" section so I don't know if this fix works. I was wondering if anyone could help.

I am using windows 7 ultimate edition

Yea I have no idea what that quote is referring to. Is this for an HP laptop?
Can you verify the Fn key is even working? I mean can you dim or raise the brightness?

Last edited:
This is a custom built pc from 4 years ago not a HP laptop. The fn key is working I can dim all levels. I tried different usb ports. I even returned it and got a new one. So it must be something with my computer not the keyboard. However their are no drivers for this keyboard

However after going too "system" I can't find the "preferences" section so I don't know if this fix works. I was wondering if anyone could help.

Those instructions only work for OSX...

My guess is the keyboard you have is not properly ID'ed by Windows and/or you have existing keyboard software installed. Possibly an existing HID keyboard filter driver is in place and preventing the accessory keys from working :(

Maybe this will help? :confused:

Those instructions only work for OSX...

My guess is the keyboard you have is not properly ID'ed by Windows and/or you have existing keyboard software installed. Possibly an existing HID keyboard filter driver is in place and preventing the accessory keys from working :(

Maybe this will help? :confused:

I went threw the list and tried different methods and nothing seemed to work for me..

This is a list for Microsoft keyboard are these methods suppose to be universal ?? just curious

I went threw the list and tried different methods and nothing seemed to work for me..

This is a list for Microsoft keyboard are these methods suppose to be universal ?? just curious

I think so, my media keys even worth from within a VM.

Problem solved :)

The hid filter I set to automatic never saved the first time so when I checked on it I put it on automatic and restarted the computer then it worked !!

Thanks for helping !

Problem solved :)

The hid filter I set to automatic never saved the first time so when I checked on it I put it on automatic and restarted the computer then it worked !!

Thanks for helping !

:D awesome! Glad it's working now.

Back