Help with drive backup

Marklar

2[H]4U
What i got is a sata raid 0 setup and i want to back up the data to be safe I got to many important things on it. Currently its got about 50 GB of data on it and what I want to do is make a backup copy of it on my network server it has a raid 5 setup with 250 GB of space. I need a program that will create a backup on the server and do like weekly updates to keep the backup file up to date, and when I need to restore the backup copy just insert a floppy disk and it will automaticly restore the drive from the latest backup. Anyone know of something that can do this?

well most imaging software like Ghost, Drive Image ect, dont officially support RAID 9either hardware or software)

Ghost compatibility with RAID

RAID0 seems to have better luck than say 3 or 5 which Ive never seen sucessfully done (and Ive tried :p )

as its says
Symantec does not provide technical support for imaging RAID drives, regardless of whether the drive uses software level RAID or hardware level RAID. Successfully imaging a RAID drive is dependent on the specific computer model, driver controller, hard drive, and RAID implementation. Symantec provides the following information only as an aid to cloning RAID drives. This information is a suggestion only. It is likely to work only in limited circumstances. Symantec does not provide support for the following information

now Powerquest does have a utility V21 Protector but its $995 (the Server edition supporting RAID)

Have you tried the Native W2K\XP backup? which of course can be schedualed

Back