help to install counter strike source and steam

Tox1c

n00b
hi, i want to istall counter strike again but when i finished to install, i clicked on steam icon to start and then is appeared an message:

ERROR
Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll

what do i have to do?

Yeah, what 133 said.

That error is telling you something is blocking Steam from accessing the net.

thats weird, for some reason it puts heart symbols in the link. but anyway go to support.steampowered.com, in the search box type steam.dll and then it will be the first result called using a firewall with steam.

hey, the problem is my firewall and my antivirus...they have some problems since last year...i cant delete or unistall the antivirus and i cant even disattivate my firewall...i think i need to format my system...how can i do it? can i do it at home? would i loose everything i have saved on the Hard Disk? is there a way to do it without delete all my programs?
thanks in advance :D

You don't have control of your AV or firewall? I'd set that as the priority first. Formatting would indeed wipe out everything. That should be your last resort, especially for something such as installing a game.

no, i dont have control, i think there is a virus or something on my computer...i cant disattivate the firewall and i cant uninstall, and use the antivirus (norton antivirus 2006)

start your computer in safe mode and try and uninstall it, then download AVG free or Avast antivirus and run it. (only one of them)

keep pressing the F8 key as your pc starts up and you will get a menu and you can select safe mode.

You can then uninstall lots of things easy in safe mode, make sure you get control over whatever firewall or antivirus apps that are causing problems and then restart normally and reinstall steam from scratch.

Back