help solving leak problems

Rasha

Limp Gawd
okay im trying to test my new setup but i have two problems, one is my coolplex 25
http://snt-systems.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=95
is leaking like crazy on the end that the barbs are on (you can literaly pull the glass tube away from the metal cap, thats where it leaks and thats where i put the sealent on the whole part that is the male portion that fits into the glass tube, both rubber stopers etc.), i've sorta solved the problem by applying an extra thick layer of teflon thread sealent i bought from home depot, problem is i think there is still a super small leak and i have no clue how to fix that one, i havn't confirmed it if it was a leak or it was just leftover from first failure.
Also i have the dangerden pump
http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Pumps/dd12vd4.asp
it leaks around the black bezzel towards the inlet/outlets, the bezzel wasn't tightened all the way down so i tightened it and thought i solved problem but leak is still there, however it is significantly less, i've tightened it down as far as i could hoping that solved problem but if it didn't, would unscrewing the bezzel and applying thread sealent fix it?

I usually just put plumber's goop all over the leaking connections. It's semi-permanent, and it seals up real good. By semi-permanent, I mean that'll it'll stay on if left alone, but you can peel it off if you ever need to.

okay i fixed leak problems but now the impeler cavatates when its on:( talk about bad luck

Some people have fixed that problem by placing a divider in their resivoir between the two fittings so that water is forced up to the top of the resivoir rather than getting sucked right into the other fitting. This allows plenty of time for the air bubbles to escape to the top of the resivioir. Also it takes some time to get all the air out of your system, you should just wait.

On mine I had to shake the system a little to get all the air out of the radiator.

Back