help setting up a 32" Sharp Aquos 1080p

astrojunke

Limp Gawd
I just picked up this bad boy for a hell of a discount. I have a few questions I need answered

First, why would my refresh rates be only 29hz,30hz
Second, would having a 30hz refresh rate make my desktop "jumpy" like everything seams to flicker when i move it, like mouse cursor, text on pages, and so on. And i do have it on dot by dot and its hooked up by the s-video out of my GTX and to the TV via component cables.
Third, when i play games (COD4) I put it to 1920x1080 and the refresh rate is 60hz in game but it feels laggy and its not ping, the room i was in I had a ping of around 20

but man is the picture great on HDTV and Xbox 360 i just need to get the pc looking as good and i will be set!

I know some of you already went thourgh all this and any other setup tip would be great :)

Why would you hook it up via S video or component and not just use the DVI or hdmi connectors. 30hz is very low and I am sure thats making it look lagy.

sorry i cant answer any of your questions, but i had a couple questions for you about that tv. how much of a discount did you get on it? and would it be worth it for about 1k.

got the DVI to HDMI cable and that fixed my 30hz problem, now im at 1080p @ 60hz :D

On a side note.
I orderd a 10ft DVI to HDMI but they sent me a 7ft, so i call newegg and the lady said we'll send you another one overnight for free!! Newegg rocks :)

Man this tv looks great for a PC,Xbox 360, and TV. The picure is great on this TV.

Flash445, Yes this TV is well worth the money. But you may want to check out that Westy veryone keeps talking about ( not sure what model # it is )

and thanks for the help guys I'll post a few pictures later on tonight.

Hey, how is the input lag on your LC32D62U when it comes to playing shooters on your PC?

Its great for games, it took me a min. to get use to the size compared to a 22". As for lag I don't notice any but I'm not a picky hardcore gamer (some people won't even play on LCD's)

Back