help port forwarding

onearmedscissor

Weaksauce
ok, i've read everything i could find about port forwarding and i still can't get it to work. i'm at my friend's house right now and i did the same thing i did for my router (which works fine), plus a ton of other things that different sites recommended. the only difference is his router is a wireless and mine isn't. his model is linksys wrt54g. it's wireless, but he has a cord directly connected to it. his internet is provided by a satellite dish, if that matters.

i've tried to get forwarding to work for two applications: warcraft iii and azureus bittorrent client. i went to the router settings, and game and applications tab, then i typed in the port for warcraft on both sides (6112) and selected both for the udp/tcp option. i typed in wc3 under application name. then i typed in 101 (my internal ip). doing this is supposed to let me host games on warcraft, but it didn't help. i also did the same thing with different ports for azureus and it gives me a nat error when i test it and shows a yellow status signal.

i've tried unplugging the router and the cables and replugging them in. my internal ip changed from 100 to 101 and i tested forwarding with both, but neither worked. i changed my azureus port twice and none of them worked either. and i tried ports 6112 and 6113 for warcraft iii but no luck. i also tried enabling and disabling my software firewall (kerio), but it didn't change anything. i even tried dmz host but that didn't work either. i had dmz host, kerio disabled, and ports forwarded all at once even, but it STILL didn't work. i have windows xp and i've disabled the xp firewall. i have no idea how to fix this, so can anyone please help? thank you very much.

edit: and i tried restarting the computer and unplugging the power from the router.

dont port forward to IP's that are for DHCP.

if the router is assinging IPs in the range of 100 to 150.. set your IP to something like .50
then port forward.

I too have a WRTG something and my portforwarding works fine.

If you dont know how to assign your computer its own IP address you have bigger problems than port forwarding.

Back