Help Please - Removed GPU, now having Problems

fn9

Weaksauce
I had an issue with my GPU/MB where I was getting aberrations, so I removed the GPU to use the onboard graphics, but I've been having some unexplained issues since then:

1) I no longer have the option of putting the system in sleep mode

2) I get error messages trying to play video in MPC-HC (even after reinstalling) and the video plays upside down, or totally distorted.

(error creating evr custom renderer, createdevice failed, error code..., dx9AllocatorPresenter failed, D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE)

I went into device manager and saw that a video controller was disabled, so I enabled it and has Win7 find a driver to use for it. Now I have a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" under "Display Adapters" and it's functioning properly.

I did get video to play using VLC Player, but the quality seemed poor (using 1920 x 1200 on a 24").

Can someone please help me?

also,

Is my MB even capable of playing a DVD in high quality at this res?

Thank you!

Might help if you started off with some specs...like what motherboard you're talking about.

Thanks. The MB is an ASRock Z68M-ITX HT. w/ an intel 2500k, 8gb ram, ssd.

So, assuming that fixes things. Will my onboard gpu be able to play a dvd at 1920 x 1200 in good quality (no noticable skipping and poor quality as it is now)?

Last edited:
Also, I assume I want to clean all NVIDIA drivers (chipset, display, physx)? My previous gpu was a 560 - Thanks!

Back