Help me pick a 20" gaming LCD

Shadowfury957

Limp Gawd
Hey, I'm looking to buy a 20" gaming LCD. Even though I hear that everyone hates TN panels, I think that's what I want because of the superior response time and lower price. Price isn't really much of an issue unless its like over $500, but I'd still much rather spend less money and hopefully get a good price/performance monitor. I don't care about viewing angles, I will be viewing it up close and straight on for PC gaming, and I'll be using DVI. I don't want a 22" or 24"+ so please don't recommend those.

From looking at newegg, this LG popped out at me with its 2ms
LG L206WTY-BF

and then I looked on the LG site and saw this (newer?) 20" LCD with better contrast ratio but $100 more
LG W2052TQ

So are these good and which one is better? Or are there even better/faster 20" gaming LCDs that I should consider? Please recommend me a 20" lcd with low input lag and everything that fits what I'm looking for...
All help is appreciated :)

P.S. Ignore my sig because thats not what I'm using this 20" for

Well...i was on that dilemma recently and i finally bought this:liyama prolite e2003ws. After many sleepless nights of gaming and programming i can tell you that this screen is perfect, especially for that price(around 200 euros).

I have 2 of the Samsung 206BW's and they are great for gaming, just got my second one last week, a refurb for under $200.

Well it looks like the Samsung 206BW is also great for gaming, but it only has 800:1 (DCR 3000:1) contrast ratio (I'm not sure what DCR is, i just copy/pasted that). The LG W2052TQ has 10,000:1 contrast ratio and the same response rate as the 206BW so wouldn't it be theoretically superior? Does anyone have a W2052TQ and recommend it?

So which should i pick, the Samsung 206BW or the LG W2052TQ... prices look like they are in the same range.

The samsung is a very good 20" gaming lcd. Be careful comparing contrast ratios between different manufacturers as there is no set standard. Dynamic contrast ratio can help panels achieve better black levels in darker scenes by adjusting the back lighting. The best way to choose is if you can see the panels up close, side by side. I doubt you will be disappointed if you go with the samsung, however.

I'm sure the 10,000:1 contrast ratio on the LG is dynamic as well, the new Samsungs boast this as well, and list the true ratio at 1000:1. I know the Samsung is a great gaming monitor, and the LG is probably ok as well.

Dell 2007 WFP used from ebay is the best 20inch LCD you can buy. Make sure its the S-IPS type.

I don't notice any input lag, and mine are used extensively for gaming.

Back