help me overclock my e4300

Slufa111

[H]ard|Gawd
First off I am on water.

Second off.........I want to run my memory at DDR-800 with the best overclcok I can get.

I have a DS3 3.3 and a e4300

I got it to 366x9 = 3300mhz

I tried 400x8 = 3200mhz and no boot:-/

I thought the multiplier was locked on the e4300? We just got my buddy's e4300 up to about 3.4Ghz @ 1.5v.

I thought the multi was locked as well. I guess it's dependent on mobo then? Maybe stick to the 9 multi.

Anyway, 3.3 GHz isn't bad on that processor. If you look in the C2D OC database (sticky at the top), you won't see reports of going that much higher for a stable OC on that processor, even on water.

multipliers are usually locked in the sense that they can't be increased. 3.3ghz out of an e4300 is pretty good, but considering you are on water you might have a little bit more headroom. have you played around with the voltages, pci-e frequency, etc? despite how good the ds3 is, it's a pretty quirky mobo meaning you often have to tinker with it more than usual to get your desired results.

Hey, I have an e4300 on a S3 board and I'm running at 358*9=3222

I tried 400*8 and it won't boot for me either. I think the MCH gets too hot, but I didn't get too many other people to confirm/deny whether or not 400mhz is possible with the D/S3 without a fan on the MCH.

I thought the multiplier was locked on the e4300? We just got my buddy's e4300 up to about 3.4Ghz @ 1.5v.

I thought the multi was locked as well. I guess it's dependent on mobo then? Maybe stick to the 9 multi.

Anyway, 3.3 GHz isn't bad on that processor. If you look in the C2D OC database (sticky at the top), you won't see reports of going that much higher for a stable OC on that processor, even on water.

Multi is not locked just that the mobo BIOS needs to support changing it. I have problems changing it on my Abit IB9 also but the 1.3Beta allows me to change it. The 1.3Beta is buggy as hell tho.

I can't get anything above 390 to boot on a ds3 and e4300. I run it now at 383x8 (3,06GHz) and it runs nicely. I think it'll need the BSEL mod in order to get above 400..

I have a aftermarket heatsink on the northbridge........

I tried increasing the volts +.2 on all of them. But no game. I did 390X8 but I can boot at 400 for some reason.

Whats a good voltage for 400fsb?

I'm currently running 516x7 on my DS3 and e6600 so it is possible.

Try dropping the multi down to 6 or 7 and pushing up your fsb without worry of stressing the CPU. Find the max fsb you can use and go from there.

BTW, you will need to increase the voltage to the chipsets in order to do so, and yes they get EXTREMELY hot (just a tip, don't touch them under full load you might get burned! :eek: ). I hot glued a 50mm fan to my northbridge and it's really stabilized once I did.

One more thing though, I was running +.2v to both of the chipsets before I had the fan cooling the northbridge. I was able to run 400x9, but I did have issues running 8x450. Think you need the extra voltage to the chipsets.

Edit: One more thing I just thought of too, I remember hitting a wall on stock voltages @ 3.2 (400x8) it might be that the cpu can't handle the higher fsb without more voltage on the cpu too. Those e4300's are only rated at 800fsb. not the 1066fsb of the conroe cores.

I don't think we were talking about 6600 here. Try a e4300 on your rig and then tell me if it will post at +500fsb LOL even with a multiplier of 6.

I don't think we were talking about 6600 here. Try a e4300 on your rig and then tell me if it will post at +500fsb LOL even with a multiplier of 6.

You're right we're not, but the mobo is the same and the cpus are based on the same general architecture. Things aren't that much different.

You're right we're not, but the mobo is the same and the cpus are based on the same general architecture. Things aren't that much different.

Well i'd like to see an e4300 on that mobo run at over 400fsb without a bsel mod..

There is a guide on OCing a DS3 on here, that'll probally do it for ya

Back