• Dell 2007WFP

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Apple Cinema Display 20"

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ray2097

Limp Gawd
I'll use it for everything possible, gaming included, professional stuff excluded. As you can see, the panel has to be IPS.

I have very sensitive eyes and i can't stand monitors that are too bright or have to be too bright to display nice picture. I dont work/play in dark. So, monitor has to be good for long time everyday use and calm to the eyes.

I see that NEC has very high brightness by specifications, but i hope it is controllable. I read at Tomshardware that brightness is well calibrated and that it is good for office applications, as they said. So, NEC owners, please say everything you can about this.

And yes, glossy coating doesn't bother me, but if there were two monitors with same picture quality, i'd take an anti-glare one.

And don't let me sound like i've allready decided to take NEC, cause i didn't :)

So, what do you recommend for:

- lot of internet/text reading/just looking :)
- lot of games
- no movies
- all of the above many hours a day

Thanx guys :)

EDIT: I didn't say, price isn't the problem

The NEC is the way to go out of that bunch if price isn't a concern. As far as gaming goes its pretty much the best 20" WS LCD out there. The contrast ratio is closer to 700-800:1, but with dynamic software NEC rates it at 1600 or whatever. It does have a glossy screen so hopefully you don't sit next to a window.

And yes, glossy coating doesn't bother me, but if there were two monitors with same picture quality, i'd take an anti-glare one.
All three of those monitors have anti-glare coating they're just different types of anti-glare coatings. The matte coating on the 2007 diffuses light and some people say hurts image quality. The glossy coating on the nec gets rid of glare, but leaves a sharp reflection of objects; some people say the coating makes the image more vibrant and alive, others say its annoying and hurts color accuracy.

I don't think the apple is suited for games at all, so I'd take that off the list. The 20WGX2 and 2007 are both pretty even, so its just a question whether you want all the extras of the NEC for ~$250 more.

-------
Matte anti-glare coating
Pretty fast response time - good for games
Good looking stand
Swivel stand

20WGX2
-------------
Glossy anti-glare coating
Extremely fast response time - great for games
Built-in TV tuner
HDCP?
HDMI?