Help me choose please!

snowysnowcones

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everybody, I'm looking to build a new PC right after the school year ends, but I'm having a little trouble choosing which motherboard I want.
At first I thought I wanted to get the DFI Infinity, but then I heard about some issues with the board making some weird noises, so I'm not sure if I still want to get it. Then I wanted to get this Asus P5B-Plus, but I've recently read about Asus lacking on customer support. And lastly, I'm looking at the Abit Quad-GT, I've heard some bad past experiences with Abit, but now I'm hearing that they're "on the ball" again. Crossfire is not a main concern for me, but it is always a nice option to have. I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting an Intel e4300 with this, and I'll probably over-clock to the 2.4-2.8 ghz range, then more when I need it. Also, water-cooling could be in the future, as my brother has some spare water-cooling parts that he's not using right now.
Please help me choose between these three, and if you have any more suggestions, please tell me! (but try to keep it under $~140)

Rest of specs (that I'll probably get.. RAM is questionable, since prices are dropping so fast)
Processor Intel e4300: $113

Video card ATI 1950GT

RAM WINTEC: $85
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161030

Thanks for the help! :D

QuadGT is a great mobo but P35 looks to be an improved chipset & offers Penryn support if that's a concern for a future upgrade.

why not go 975X chipset? They'll hit a high end FSB for you to get those clocks on your E4300. 975X is also faster than 965. Plus, you can get the MSI 975X Platinum for 130 dollars right now on newegg. Not a bad motherboard. My friend's got one and he hit 3.8Ghz on his E6400 (which is around 475mhz FSB)

if you do insist on 965 though, go DFI 965-S. A lot of people sound satisified with the motherboard. I'm not sure about the squealing sound from the motherboard though.

sounds like a noob but I'll put it to you strait, the p5k-dlx will clock your pants off, I'm running stock e4300 at 3.2, and it was doing 3.7 on my ds3 w/ninja. Fry's has sales like e4300w/mobo for 99 boxed, that's what I got not boxed for 140 those bastards. But all in all, I'm expecting 3.7...I'm not sure if it's a fsb thing, which I doubt because people were getting 3.7 on a 6700 and on a p5k it's a hefty 3.9 :)

sounds like a noob but I'll put it to you strait, the p5k-dlx will clock your pants off, I'm running stock e4300 at 3.2, and it was doing 3.7 on my ds3 w/ninja. Fry's has sales like e4300w/mobo for 99 boxed, that's what I got not boxed for 140 those bastards. But all in all, I'm expecting 3.7...I'm not sure if it's a fsb thing, which I doubt because people were getting 3.7 on a 6700 and on a p5k it's a hefty 3.9 :)

I read this three times and couldn't understand what you're talking about. Please put it into coherent sentences :) .

why not go 975X chipset? They'll hit a high end FSB for you to get those clocks on your E4300. 975X is also faster than 965. Plus, you can get the MSI 975X Platinum for 130 dollars right now on newegg. Not a bad motherboard. My friend's got one and he hit 3.8Ghz on his E6400 (which is around 475mhz FSB)

if you do insist on 965 though, go DFI 965-S. A lot of people sound satisified with the motherboard. I'm not sure about the squealing sound from the motherboard though.

This is the one you're talking about? It looks nice... Now, I'm not 100% sure, but the 975X chipset won't support the new 45nm will they? (neither will any of the ones I listed)... So I was doing some reading, and though maybe it would be smarter to wait until some motherboards that will support the new Intel processors come out... I was thinking about this one

what's your thoughts?

Back