Help massive stutter in games

Lothar

Limp Gawd
I have just built a system that I am having a major problem with the in games only. The system will lock up and the sound will stutter for 3-5 seconds every few minutes or so and then return to normal play. Somtimes the system will lock up totaly and has to be reset.The components are as follows.
ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
Sempron 3100 s754
1 GIG Corsair XMS
BFG 6800 OC
WD 80 GB SATA Hard drive
On board ALC 850 sound.

The system has a clean Win XP load with all the latest drivers, I have run memtest 5 full passes without error. I have tried different RAM, a new power supply, and reloaded all drivers. All directX tests pass also. I have built many systmes but never run into this, the video card was in another system and ran perfectly so I am left with either a bad MB or CPU but would like any suggestion as to what else it might be before returning both.

Thanks,

what are your temps like? download speedfan and check your temps, you might be overheating

Try to disable some of your programs running in the background. I use to have massive studdering in games, but as soon as I disabled my Nod32, spyware programs, system monitering programs It ran smooth as silk....

The temps are good 38C idle 45C under load.

And background programs are not the cuase.

Thanks for the suggestions

tried memtest yet? and update your BIOS.

What PSU do you have?

Yes memtest ran for hours without error. 420w Thermaltake, also tried a 380w antec true power.

Turns out is was the video card. Which was the last thing I checked as it ran fine in the previous system it was in.

Back