Help! Floppy Drive Acting Weird

Uncut_Diamond

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey [H] dudes! Got a weird problem with a floppy drive. It seems to work fine 90% of the time, I can copy/paste files to it and it works great, can save Word documents directly to it and works fine. The problem is whenever you try to directly save a Lotus 1-2-3 file to it from within the Lotus program. If I go to file_save as_A: the file will take around 13seconds to save. If I save the same file to the harddrive and then copy it over to the floppy drive, it takes about 3seconds. Any ideas on what's up?

I'm going to order a new floppy drive (replace the Sony with a Teac) but I'm not sure if that will fix the problem. Any thoughts/input/suggestions very welcomed and appreciated!!

-U_D

floppy... drive.... :confused:

but anyhoo... sounds more like a function of notes itself. i really couldnt tell you.

Well, it could be writing the floppy in very small chunks, and/or it could be verifying as it goes.... Who knows?

You still use a floppy drive :confused:

No but seriuosly...It sounds like the problem is within Lotus. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts acting up in new and exciting ways. Like it starts eating floppies or files that look like they're there arn't and you get these nice error messages and crap. Anyhoo please refer to my first statement.

Haha, I totally agree about the Floppy Drives/Disks!! Amen [H] brothers!

Unfortunately it's for someone who lives in the very distant past and loves doing it that way. Thanks for the help though! Weird thing is they don't have the problem with other computers saving Note's files to floppy disks directly. Weird...

Back