Help Design a Window

ATLPIMP

[H]ard|Gawd
I've made up my mind on having a window cut. I'll be taking it to a somewhat local place for water jet since they've quoted me ~$40... and I know I'll have straight lines.
Now, I'm not quite sure what I want to get cut. I have some criteria it must meet.

1-little to no visibility of the 5.25" bays
2- round edges (see pic)
3- can go only 1/2" higher than the top of the mesh, no further back
4- can go only as far as the divider (don't want to see the psu)
5- simple design must match the case profile (no flames and/or zig zag booms :confused: )

Any photoshop guys would be helpful, and grateful TIA

coveron.jpg

coveroff.jpg

Only $40? holy crap, nice!
I can email you the PDF I slapped together for my "window", but honestly I'd just keep a simple rectangle with radiused corners, either the same as what is currently there, or a bit larger (ie the radius of the front/rear of the case).

...yeah, sent them an email witha few pics and they got back to me the next day (good sign.... or they're slow cause they suck heh), and said their minimum charge would is $37.50. That was a quote for a simple rectangle.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, I want it to match the case, but was hoping someone could come up with an idea like Toobookoo's. I like it, it's more than 'just' a rectangle, but still pretty simple.

To borrow an image from him, here's his case.

IMG_2281.jpg

Problem is, his shows the drives (though it does look good)
Ill see if I can throw together a "step" like his for ya though... email this evenign (sorry forgot last night)

i like that offset.

looks nice, and different.

ive got a single square on my rocketfish case that only shows the motherboard tray basically.

here's a pic of it.
DSC00156.jpg

Just out of curiousity but where are you located ATLPIMP? I'd love to find a local place that does custom case mods. I live in socal and you would think that there would be plenty of local places but I can't seem to find any. I had to mail my side panel to a place in Michigan (crazypc.com) to get a window installed. I only ask because I'd now like to add a 120mm blow hole on top and would rather have someone do it for me locally. Thanks.

Back