help at college on dialup, 2 laptops, proxy?

Blasterboy460

[H]ard|Gawd
ok i just got to college and im in a dorm with a freind, both of us have laptops, i called the cable company and tried to get cable internet but no go. the only thing i could get was -55 dialup. so im stuck with dialup between 2 laptops, how do we share the dialup. i went to office depot and bought a crossover cable for pc to pc connections and i tried downloading active-x's proxy program but it didnt work. i followed his setup tutorial too. we need help

I personally use Winroute PRO when I need a software solution for internet connectivity. NAT routing is much better then proxy because almolst everything works with it.

hmm ive got an old proxy program somewhere around my mess of old files, if you really want somethin that works and is free, Ill have to dig it up to find its name tho.

Maybe www.analogx.com has some sort of free proxy? ive not needed one in so long I dont even look...

Internet Win Proxy by M&M Soft, its an aincent version that I used ant it wasnt free. oops. the analogx one should work fine for you though.

nope couldnt get ICS to work i tried everything, i used analogx's proxy program and it works for the web but he cant get on aim, i even cofigured aim to use the proxy on port 1080 but still no dice. man sharing dialup sucks, i got cable at home and it just feels slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. i cant live like this

try wouroute. do a search... or I have an old trial version I run the full version of I can set you to download (the trial version was free so this is not in any way illegal) (I like this old version better, and besides that I own it)
just say the word ill put it on my server for you.

Back