heatsink on the pump

I am just finishing up getting my latest watercooled setup going. I'm still working on modding the case. While digging through my extra pieces and parts I noticed an old socket A heatsink with no fan. the pump I'm using is a little giant pond pump and is supposed to be submersible only. I have questioned this because it has both the inlet and outlet threaded. To make a long story short I used AS5 thermal epoxy and attatched the heatsink to the pump. the pump is placed in the lower front of my case where I have an inlet fan blowing over it, I have another case fan in the back pulling air in as well and all of that air is being pushed out the top through the radiator. I'm using copper 1/2" pipe fittings and a 1996 mustang heatercore that I soldered 1/2" barbs onto. So now my submerisble pump is an inline pump. I'll be posting pics soon. I know I'm probably not the first one to attempt this but I havn't seen it mentioned very much. It has very much done the trick with it running for 27 hours now the idle temp is 22C and under a prime torture for 3 hours it went up to 31C.

Back