heatsink better than scythe ninja?

is there a heatsink that cools better than a scythe ninja?

currently using a 100+ cfm 120mm fan on the scythe to cool my cpu but i would like to get a better one if possible.

im doing high 58c on my opteron 146. 3.1ghz @ 1.59v but its not stable. would like to lower temp/volt with a better heatsink. any suggestion?

water cooling is not an option.

get like the aquagate 120mm cooler that is a closed loop WCer just for CPU if you can put together a real WC setup..

but if it is not at all an option then get the all copper thermatake XP-120 and use a delta 120mm fan 100+ cfm or the one you have now.... and maybe better case flow??

In terms of air cooling, you're basically at your limit. At 3.1 Ghz, you'll need some very good water cooling or beyond to keep going (provided your chip still has something left in it).

I recently read about this though, and depending on how it performs (from regular users) it could be an option. It is $129 though...

Adidas4275 said:
get like the aquagate 120mm cooler that is a closed loop WCer just for CPU if you can put together a real WC setup..

but if it is not at all an option then get the all copper thermatake XP-120 and use a delta 120mm fan 100+ cfm or the one you have now.... and maybe better case flow??

What about the Thermalright SI-128?

quadnad said:
In terms of air cooling, you're basically at your limit. At 3.1 Ghz, you'll need some very good water cooling or beyond to keep going (provided your chip still has something left in it).

I recently read about this though, and depending on how it performs (from regular users) it could be an option. It is $129 though...

Wow that is very expensive. Interesting though!

setscrew said:
The Scythe Infinity should cool a bit more than the Ninja.

do you have any decent reviews? 10 heatpipes vs 12, and closer spaced fins? looks like it'd be louder and a bit worse than the ninja...

the thermalright si-128 performs about the same as the ninja, and like others have said, you have basically hit the limit of air, the only other heatsink id recommend is the tuniq tower

rekojenasni_787 said:
how bout the Noctua NH-U12? Have anyone heard of this heatsink?
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1923

i've heard of it... been looking to buy it since i bought an opty this spring... i'll buy it as soon as i get all my parts for my new rig. seems damm nice... the little brother (NH-U9) performs pretty darn well, and it's only 39.99 at jabtech. 52.99 for the NH-U12.

Back