headphones/set recommendation

JoNo216

Gawd
I'm looking for either a new headset (and bring my old one to work) or new headphone.
What I am looking for is something that is relatively cheap - I'm not really an audiophile. But does a decent job at cancelling out the constant noise around me.
I'm a programmer working next to a fax/copy machine with very chatty coworkers and I can't very get focused enough to get in the zone anymore.
preferably 50 or under.

thanks

First off it sounds like you want headphones not a headset. What are they going to be used for? What kind of music? I'm not a fan of closed cans. Have you tried open? With loud enough volume open headphones block other noises. Your budget should limit choices pretty easily.

Sounds like you need the closed variety for the most part. The Sony V6/7506 is a good choice. It's an older studio monitor whose design hasn't changed for a few years. I recommended one to a programmer friend of mine, and he swapped them with some Beyer 250 velour pads to increase the comfort.

Another option you can check out in that price range: JVC HA-M750. They're full-size sub-$50 at Amazon. They fold so good to carry/store.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The headset was just something so I would get a new headset and bring it into work for use as phones. So it's kind of a mute point.

They will just be used to help give me sanity in my workplace.
music is varied from Punk Rock, metal, grunge, to video game music.

I have open right now, and yes by cranking up the volume so high I do take out a lot of the noise... but amazingly it remains sometimes. and music that loud is not good for my ears as well as distracting me from work as it's harder to concentrate.

I am looking for a closed set mainly because I want to block out most of the noise before I can use any noise cancellation because those are pretty expensive. But I do have a big noggin so I think i will skip over the K-81 as that would probably just give me a migraine (yeah I get those as well which makes this a epic quest). The set should be able to be worn all day without too much discomfort without making me sweat.

I plan on just having these phones just sit on my head or my desk so carrying and storing is a mute point to me.

Back