Headphones : For the Gym ?

hellomcfly

Limp Gawd
i started going to the gym pretty much everyday and i noticed the headphones i have for working out are starting to fall apart.

do you guys recommend any headphones for working out / sport activities ?

- in ear or over the ear , either is fine
- foamless would be a bonus
- prefer to keep it around $50-75

thanks !

V-Moda Vibes

GREAT sound, and sexy too!
Hunt around and you can find them for around $80

agreed. yeh... the list in your budget is small because that is a consumer price range and many products around there have heavily bloated bass. the V-modas are a little bass heavy so if thats your bag then they are a great buy. also the shure e2c's can be had on ebay for around the same price and sound good as well.

Kanealiionalani

I love my Westone UM2s because they sound amazing and are very comfortable... but $300 is a bit much for the gym.

Their little brother, the UM1, is ~$100 and while they don't sound as good, they are still GREAT and just as comfortable.

I got mine from earphonesolutions.com

audio-technica a900
beyerdynamic dt770
some ultrasones (they're elite)

the saids "cans" are very portable and durable. the sound is muy excelente and plus they're GREAT FOR GAMING!!! YEAH!!!!1

I've gone through a lot, and the only ones I really like are the kind that hook over each ear.

I'm using these at the moment. They sound surprisingly good, are cheap, and hold onto the ear really well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Another supporter of the V-moda Vibes.

They are a great choice for the gym, as they are lightweight, and can handle the sweat and sound good while doing it.

I've gone through a lot, and the only ones I really like are the kind that hook over each ear.

I'm using these at the moment. They sound surprisingly good, are cheap, and hold onto the ear really well.

why not just get some ksc75s? granted they may not isolate that well but they should sound well enough for the gym and are cheap enough to replace

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
why not just get some ksc75s? granted they may not isolate that well but they should sound well enough for the gym and are cheap enough to replace
In my experience, that type tends to be heavy and force its way off the ear when doing high-energy stuff like the treadmill.

Sony EX-71 / EX-81 (whichever style you prefer.) The cord goes around the back of your neck instead of in front of you so the cord doesnt get caught on anything. They also sound good and resist water and crap.

i bought some sennheiser pmx-100 for using on runs / at the gym and I am very happy with them for the price. They are so much better than the sennheiser ear buds I got for free at CES a few years back :).

they are really light weight, and they do have a metal band which I like.

My only complaint is how much noise they leak, you can hear them across the room on mid volume, but the sound is great and I love how light they are.

right now im leaning towards the Sony EX81's for the pricepoint... only draw back is the cord is made of a soft rubber and some reviewers say it cracks easy

but the VModa's look to be made insanely well with the metal components and braided wire, might be worth the extra money or the (Shure E2c's)

Another vote for the V-Moda Vibes. Great for the gym - and great if you listen to bass heavier rock, electronic, or hip hop.

right now im leaning towards the Sony EX81's for the pricepoint... only draw back is the cord is made of a soft rubber and some reviewers say it cracks easy

but the VModa's look to be made insanely well with the metal components and braided wire, might be worth the extra money or the (Shure E2c's)

The cord doesnt crack. I've had mine for a year, I wear them to class and when I ride my motorcycle long distance and the cord has never been a problem. And if you end up stepping on them and smashing them, a new set is cheap enough.

i went through 3 sets of Sony EX-71 all but the last fell apart in me. the third pair i gave to my brother when i got my first shure ear phones.

i listen to music at work for about 4 hours a day every day and have bought 9 sets of earphones in two years, those being 3 of them. the others are 2 apple IEM's, 1 E2c, 2 E3c and 1 E4c. from what i noticed the Sony EX-71's only had problems when sweat got on the cord then dried, as the pair i gave to my brother have yet to become damaged. i would advise against them in sweaty situations. water had no affect though.

sorry i forgot to mention the sound on the Sony EX-71 is about on par with the apple in ear set. better balance, not as bass heavy.

etymotic are really nice.

They are light (extremely light), and go in your ear quite a ways to stay put. They are earphones though and go quite far into your ear so you have to get used to that. They also provide a huge amount of isolation (try plugging your ears with your fingers and that is what the etymotic are like).

I personally like them a lot though and can even use them mowing the lawn and on the airplane easily. The er6 and er6i are both very good (the i has more bass) for portable use.

On their site they are expensive, but they can be found for fairly cheap on other sites like ebay.

er-6i http://www.techislands.com/reviews/ipod-accessories/etymotic-research-6i-isolator-earphones.html

er-6
http://www.techislands.com/reviews/ipod-accessories/etymotic-research-er-6-isolator-earphones.html

Back