Headphone Amp

Droc

2[H]4U
In my searches for a new gaming headset I have once again been enticed with headphones for music aswell.

Gaming headphones - Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (still to purchase)
Current music headphones - Grado SR225

Im considering buying an amp to go alongside my desktop but Im not looking to blow my budget. The SR225 dont need an amp at this point, but Im planning on getting a pair of AKG K701 in the near future.

Any recommendations for something affordable?

head-fi its hard to get recommendations without people piping in about their own $900,000,000 amps to drive their billion dollar headphones.

In my searches for a new gaming headset I have once again been enticed with headphones for music aswell.

Gaming headphones - Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (still to purchase)
Current music headphones - Grado SR225

Im considering buying an amp to go alongside my desktop but Im not looking to blow my budget. The SR225 dont need an amp at this point, but Im planning on getting a pair of AKG K701 in the near future.

Any recommendations for something affordable?

head-fi its hard to get recommendations without people piping in about their own $900,000,000 amps to drive their billion dollar headphones.

Try the O2, with or without the ODAC. You can buy one here:

http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=O2Full

I have built 2 of these, and they are just incredible... Incredibly clean and powerful that is.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a fiio e9 amp with my dt 880 600ohm and its more than enough.At around half the volume your head starts to explode...its also cheap and damn good.

Schiit Magni

It's 50% cheaper, better looking, better built and uses far more solid connectors (in more logical places) than the O2, and sounds quality wise I don't see one as better than the other.

Now if you're building your own, the O2 becomes more attractive ...

Back