HDD dead in the water?? all my stuff is gone :( :( ????

SquiDDy

Limp Gawd
:confused:

well, a few weeks back i switched my mother board from a asus a7n8x, to a dfi ultra infinity nf 2, and prior to the switch i ran nforce reset along with the recommended program, forget the name but its on the nforce reset site, and ever since then my western digital 120 gig hdd has not worked correctley,

ive tried it in like 5 different setups and it always fails to show up in windows,

if i go to my computer and then manage for the hard drives it shows up, but says it is just blank in accessable space,

it also shows up in the bios as well but like i said, never in windows

also what is weird is that it says it has some old partition software on it, cant remember the name but it is a really old dos program,

WTF?? is going on??

i just want to recover my data from the drive before i swipe it clean and restart this whole mess :(

this was a true spare drive with no os on it?
Or you had windows on it and expected to just switch mobos and go?

Sounds like a missing or corrupt partition table. Of course you wouldn't see old software on the drive if it doesn't have a filesystem and partition table. Be a little more specific with what happened.

this drive contained xp, it was the only drive in the setup

when ever i try to boot from it it says, disc boot failure,

SquiDDy said:
this drive contained xp, it was the only drive in the setup

when ever i try to boot from it it says, disc boot failure,

boot of another drive and have that drive as a slave drive go get a copy of partiton magic 8 it will let you remake the partition if it is bad

did not work,

found a program by the name stellar Phoenix (i think??) that was able to locate and restore my files though, unfortunately they want 100 bucks for the license to actually restore the file :(

Back